Saturday, June 7, 2014

My Current Priorities

Something over the past few weeks has really changed my wants and goals..
I've been stuck in a rut. My life is falling into place, and because of that, I wonder what is left to really work toward..

I have my career. I like it better than any job I've had. It's accounting, and it lacks variety and excitement. I'm going to sell Mary Kay with my sister to make some extra money and get social interaction. My focus has shifted to hoarding away as much money as possible. So far, I haven't saved anything. I've been frugal with my bills and household expenses, but I tend to go all out on fresh produce and great food. Toss in the car repairs I had to make, and I'm pretty broke.

I need to start building credit. I've been turned down for loans and financing because I have no credit. No bad credit, just... none.
I've never had the desire to be in debt, so I never bought anything I couldn't pay in cash right then. It makes sense to me. Kinda screws me out of bigger things though.

I'm at the point where I'm ready for a house... Pretty sure I wouldn't get a loan with no credit history.
I've been looking at houses I love, and they fall into the 150-280k range. I don't need anything too big, just in a safe neighborhood with good schools. Open floor plan with massive windows, kitchen storage. Other than that, I'm pretty open.

It's a lot for a single mom to afford.


Career, running, meetings, kids, Game of Thrones....
It's all so much.

Shopping around for new furniture to put on a card to build credit...
House repairs...

Eh...

It's been ex-boyfriend central here lately. Every week or so one randomly tries to friend me on facebook, or sends me a text. Obviously it didn't work out before, and I have no intention of repeating my mistakes. I think it's because I'm happier, and occasionally post nice pictures. I'm healthier. More fit. I like to wear makeup and do my hair now. I'm finally happy being me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment