Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Fresh Start, Home Improvement, Self Improvement, Life Improvement

I'm getting a jump start on my New Year's resolutions.
I've never made any before, so I've never kept any.
We'll see how many I can check off my list by the end of 2013.

Life for me is going pretty well. Changes I want to make right now may not be absolutely necessary, but improvement in general is always a good thing.

I've been promoted in my job. I'm the offical Store Manager. Hurray! The Owners are great, and I'm getting more training and developing my skills. I've made a resume, which I've never had before, and I'm planning on sending it out to get a more permanent career. The fabulous thing is that the Owners are extremely supportive of this. They know my dream isn't to make custard my entire life, and to be honest, I don't get paid what I'd like to be paid... or anywhere near what I'd like to be paid.

So my career goals for the next year are:
Take Business Management and Accounting classes.
Send out my resume and secure a career that will leave me mentally fulfilled and financially stable.

I'm debating on whether or not to buy this mobile home I'm renting now.
The more time I spend here, the more I love it.
Roberto brought me home an entertainment center for my room, and I'm in love with it. It must weigh about 300 pounds. We couldn't lift it at all. Funny thing is, it's about half the size of my old one, and we moved that easily.

So my home improvement goals (if I chose to buy the home) are:
Replace the flooring with hardwoods.
Create some art to decorate.
New window treatments throughout.
Fence in the yard.
Stain the front porch and furnish.

I'd really love a house though. Something that won't fly away in a strong wind...

Anyway,

My spiritual journey has just started. I've begun to read the Bible, New International Version, and I think it's a beautiful book. I loved Genesis, but Exodus, Leviticus, and Numbers bored me, to be honest. I don't fully understand it. I grew up with my father who is very much an athiest, so going from one extreme point of view to another is a bit jarring.
All I know is that when I go to my church, Heartland Community, I feel so much love and acceptance. I think about it all week, and I can't wait for Sunday. I volunteer in the daycare in the early morning, and attend the later mass. I don't even like to call it mass. It's not like the traditional Catholic churches that I've briefly attended. The pastor uses humor and current situations to help people like me to understand. The band is fabulous. The sign language interpreter is amazing to watch....
And the people! Just the regular people who attend are good, genuine, nice people.
I haven't come across a single person who made me feel a bit unwelcomed.
It's funny. I felt as if I wasn't allowed to be there on my first day, because I don't really know what to believe, but the more I go and listen to Pastor Dan and casually talk to the people, the more I feel like there's no other place I'd rather be.
How is that possible?

My spiritual goals for this year are:
Read the entire Bible
Attend communtiy gatherings at my church
Donate my time and resources to helping others whenever possible

So to those of you who casually read my blog, or are my regular readers and who have been looking for me, I'm sorry for completely erasing the blog I used to have here.
I just feel like something has changed inside of me, and none of the things that have happened in the past seem to matter anymore. There's only the present and forward.

I'm looking forward to new beginnings..

I still hope to be entertaining and fun to read.
My blog is titled Possibly Inappropriate, and I'm sure I'll still say inappropriate things, or things that others may not have the courage to say.
I value honesty.

But I also value entertainment =)

There will be more to come, I promise.
I'll try to post daily from now on.

Much love,
Friggie

No comments:

Post a Comment