Friday, August 15, 2014

Removing the Implanon

I was very excited to get my implant removed.

I checked in and waited in the tiny room, alone, freaking out like I tend to do..
My nurse was amazing. She asked me questions about my family plans and then we chit chatted a bit while she prepared for my slicing.

Doctor finally came in, and he asked me to lie down on my back with my arm extended up.
He did a couple of iodine swabs, then injected the numbing solution.
I'm resistant or something.
I wasn't really numb when he started cutting.
It was a small incision, about a centimeter long, but about just as deep.
He fidgeted around with the hole until the end of the implant poked out, then he grabbed it with these big tweezers and yanked!
Holy cow I felt that! It was painful, even with the numbing thing, but not unbearable.

It was fast though.
He washed his hands and was out the door without another word, while my nurse popped a couple bandaids on and wrapped me in gauze.
She said I only had to leave it on for an hour or so, until the bleeding stopped. I bled through my 2 bandaids, but no more.

The whole procedure lasted maybe 3 minutes, mostly getting the are sterile and wrapping me up.

There's no bruise.
It was sore the day it was removed, and only slightly sore the next day. Honestly, I barely noticed it.

Glad it's over...
but condom prices are ridiculous.
Just saying.


No comments:

Post a Comment