Friday, July 18, 2014

Focus T25 - Alpha - Lower Focus

After two rest days from T25, I'm not feeling like such a pansy. I wore my high heels all day to stretch out my baby cows and I felt great after work.

I picked up my girls, took them to the store, and they helped me prepare dinner.
They peeled the potatoes, I mashed and added soy milk, salt, and light butter. Not too bad.
Then they picked carrots as the nightly veg. Mac and cheese... and sausages.
As long as they eat their veggies, I figure I can let them pick their meat.
Except for tomorrow. We're doing crock pot chicken tacos. mmmmmmmmmmmm....

After I put them to bed, I popped in my Lower Focus disc.
The first five minutes were a breeze. I do better with strength training and reps than I do with cardio.
But after 10 minutes... I was really getting fatigued. I couldn't squat as low as the people in the show.
My muscles were starting to shake and give out, but by that time or very soon after, they'd switch to a different muscle group to work and make cry...
By 20 minutes, my muscles were completely shaking. I tried, but I could not do another squat. I kept falling over. My legs just wouldn't support me. I did the modifier, and sometimes much slower.
I kept going though.
I love the last minute. Everything gets slowed down and it becomes a stretch. It's pure relief.
Still working the legs, but happily.
There is a 3-minute cool down at the end, but I couldn't do the hamstring stretches. My legs were jelly.

All in all, I'm happy with the workout. I'm just lounging on the couch now, but I still feel like my legs are burning... in a good way.

We'll see how I feel tomorrow. It's STATurday..so I'll be weighing in and doing my measurements.
I only got in 3 workouts so far, but in general, I've eaten so much healthier this week.
Fruit for breakfasts and snacks, salads for lunch, then whatever for dinner... but it's still a big step from where I was last week.

See you tomorrow!

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment