Friday, July 11, 2014

Price Matching for Best Produce Deals July 9-15

Grocery shopping is one of my favorite hobbies, because I love finding the best deals and getting 2-3 times the food for my money.

Here are the ads I'm using this week, what I'm getting... I hope you find it useful.

My boyfriend and coworkers save the ads for me. I don't always get all the ads in the mail, and I love the variety I get from different cities. It allows me to get things for bottom dollar, and I love it!

I just take the ads to Walmart, and save save save!
The people in line behind me aren't happy, but I can't afford not to pinch where I can.
Besides, I only get a few different items each week, but enough quantity to stock up for weeks to come. It works out amazingly.


By far, my favorite ad is Aldi.

This week at Aldi,
33 cent avocados. I'm getting 9. There's 3 dollars. (Generally they're $1.50 each) Saving $10.50.
79 cents/lb grapes. I'm getting 3lbs for $2.40. (Generally $2/lb) Saving $3.60
39 cent mangoes. I'm getting 7 for $2.80 (Generally $1.50 each) Saving $7.70
***EDIT***
Walmart was out of Avocado?!?
I got ten mangoes instead.
***

peaches at aldi are 25 cents each
peaches at RedX are 89 cents/lb.
I don't regularly weigh peaches, so I don't know the better deal, but I'm getting $2 worth.
***EDIT***
Walmart sells by peaches by the pound, so they can't honor the 25 cents each.
I would have gotten 8 peaches at 3 and a half pounds. 25 cents each is a much better deal
***

At Save a Lot,
56 oz Sunny D Chillers are 99 cents each.
I'm getting Lemonade and Grape.
It's not healthy in the least, but it tastes delicious with cherry rum!
***EDIT***
Did not get chillers. We can drink water. Health nut is kicking in.
***

Price Chopper
has Buy One Get One Free
Kraft Cheeses and Oscar Meyer Deli Lunchmeats.
Again, not the healthiest of meals, but for a quick lunch on the run, it helps.
Saving 6-7 dollars here.
***EDIT***
Walmart doesn't honor BOGOs unless a price is listed.
Didn't get lunch meat or cheese.
***

HyVee
has a dozen large eggs for 99 cents.
Limit of 1
I'm getting 2-3 dozen.
I boil them for salads or take an egg or two for breadfast.
Eggs are my main source of protein.
Saving a dollar here.

Hen House
has buy one get one free Kraft dressings for $1.99
Some bottles have a 50 cent off coupon attached.
They will double coupons up to a dollar.
I'm getting whatever the limit is.
2 for a dollar!
They're usually over $2 each!
I'm actually going to Hen House to get this deal in person.
The coupon on the bottles make this deal worthwhile.



I plan on spending about $25, but saving about $33.
***EDIT***
I actually spent $16 because I couldn't get all that I intended to buy.
I did get a couple of heads of lettuce though.
10 mangoes
8 peaches
3.5 lbs of grapes.
2 dozen eggs.
A good haul though.
I saved $16.
I'll take half off groceries anyday!
***

It's not my complete grocery list. I still need bread and soymilk, salad things and veggies, but those I'll pick up as I need. At least I'm good on fruit and eggs, bulk of my diet.

Hope you can use these tips too!
Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment