Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Taking a rest day

Today was supposed to be day 3 of my T25 workout plan, but I've overdone it and hurt myself.

I like a little muscle soreness. It makes me feel like I actually put effort into my sessions.
This is different though. All day, my calves were so tight it was very painful to walk. I was limping/waddling all day at work. Forget about stairs! It took me a full minute to walk down the 5 we have. The worst part was waking up in the morning and standing for the first time. I wanted to cry.

The boyfriend even made fun of me, thinking I was joking around.

Believe me, I'm no puss to pain.

I went shopping after work to find shorts that fit, and it was difficult to step into them.
I must admit though, that having tight muscles made my legs look amazing.

I went on a spree at the thrift store and got a few dresses and summer outfits for the girls, along with 4 sports bras, 4 running shorts, and 4 workout tops for me.... and a stuffed minion from Despicable Me. I'll say that's for the girls, but we all know otherwise :)  I love the minions..
I only spent $60, and this giant bag is overflowing with summer goodies.
I love a great bargain.

I'm in too much pain to do a workout today.
I've been taking the maximum dose of Advil and Aspirin all day, but the tightness is killing me.
Tomorrow I'll probably skip a session too, but I'm taking the girls to the park instead. I'll be running (hopefully) and playing dinosaurs or pretending to be a horse.
That in itself is a workout.



I didn't really put together a food log for today.
Just more green tea and water,
Leftover sandwich for breakfast,
Grilled chicken breast and sides from KFC for lunch,
and spaghetti with garlic bread for dinner. Parents made it for me. Love them.

Sweet dreams,
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment