Monday, July 14, 2014

Focus T25 Day 1 Cardio






When I bought BeachBody's Focus T25 Set, I was surprised that it came in such a Tiny Box.

The sets are Alpha (5 week course), Beta (5 week course), and Gamma (sold as an add-on, 4 weeks Pure Gamma and 4 weeks Pure Strength Hybrid). Total of 14 Discs.

It tells you which workouts to do on each day,
one workout each day Monday-Thursday
two workouts on Friday and rest day Saturday (recommended)
or
one workout Friday, one workout Saturday
Stretch workout on Sunday

You're supposed to take your measurements on Saturday (STATurday)

It also Includes a nutrition guide that seems pretty basic. Lean proteins, complex carbs, fruits and veg. Some of the recipes look downright delicious...

There's a 5-day Fast Track that tells you exactly which foods to eat during the first 5 days. Everything looks delicious, but honestly... the grocery list is ridiculous. There's an incredible variety, but it's not practical for a single person with limited food budget.
It also promotes Shakeology. I haven't tried the shakes, but they're about $4 per serving. It's too rich for my purse.

Lastly, you're given a resistance band, which I failed to picture. I won't use it until the Beta phase, so it still sits in my tiny BeachBody box in the closet.

The Discs!

Alpha
Cardio
Speed 1.0 & Total Body Circuit
AB Intervals
Lower Focus
Stretch

Beta
Core Cardio
Speed 2.0 and Rip't Circuit
Dynamic Core
Upper Focus
Core Speed *

* I hear, unless you get it directly from BeachBody, you have to order this disc separately

Gamma
The Pyramid
Rip't Up
Speed 3.0
Extreme Circuit




**********************************


I think we all hit that wall at some point.
This is it? This is too far... How did I let myself go like this?
I need change. I need a miracle.

This past couple of months have been full of stress and eating everything.
I mean EVERYTHING.

I wanted to do this review for some time, but I never allowed myself the time to do so.
This too will change.

It's time for another make-me-over.

I guess it really didn't sink in until I took my Day 1 pictures.
Where did my tummy come from?
Have my arms always been that big?
I used to have the gap between my thighs...
I'm a completely different person.

I don't spend a lot of time in front of the mirror, and I don't consider myself vain in any way.
How can I not see myself for what I am? I still picture myself as the 120lb cheerleader in high school.

Reality check.

I'm 161.4lbs.
38.5 - 33.5 - 41.25
5'3 on a tall day.



********************************

Day 1 - Alpha

CARDIO


This was more difficult than I thought it would be.
It starts out doing..... guess...... pure cardio.
After 3-4 minutes my lungs were burning and I was gasping for breath.
Just when I thought I couldn't go anymore, there came a portion of lunges that allowed me to catch my breath, but were still repetitive enough to fatigue my muscles.
More cardio!
I started off strong, but had to use the modifier halfway through.
Still soooo very hot and tired and sweating everywhere.
I love that feeling though.
Then another brief lunge-twist thing.
More cardio.
By this time, I'm using the modifier consistently. Still trying, but for someone who doesn't regularly work out like I used to, it's going to take time to work back into it.
By the last 5 minutes I'm completely winded. My leg muscles have all been worked to the max, and it was all I could do to keep going.
Finally he called TIME!
and the disc skipped to a 3-minute cool down stretch.

My legs were part jelly - part solid rock. I haven't worked them like that in years, I bet.

What I love about T25 is that there are no rests. It's difficult, but it will get easier with time. There's always a modifier to follow, and you should always listen to your body. I'd much rather take a 20 second rest than injure myself.

I have a feeling I'll be popping a bunch of Advil in the morning and getting at it again tomorrow night.


*********************

Going along with my fruit shopping spree yesterday and my new goal to exercise daily, I made some changes to my diet.

8am - Large mug of hot green tea and grapes (snacking on grapes all during work hours)
10am - 20 oz bottle of water
11am - 20 oz bottle of water
1pm - Bowl of leftover stew
2pm - My daily dose of 4 Hershey's chocolate drops
3pm - Large mug of green tea
4pm - 20 oz water
6pm - Salad with 2 boiled eggs, shredded mozzarella, Green Goddess and mustard dressing.
6:45-7:15 - Focus T25 Alpha Cardio
7:30pm - 20 oz water

I'll probably have another bottle of water before bed.
I must have eaten 3lbs of grapes today. It was almost the entire bag.
I believe that if it's pure food, you can eat as much as you want.
No regrets.

I had a good day.


<3 kayla="" p="">
 

No comments:

Post a Comment