Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Focus T25 - Alpha Total Body Circuit with Cardio Cuts

I was scared to try this DVD because I had heard that Total Body Circuit was the toughest workout in Alpha T25.

I got off work, drank a bottle of water with my last sample of Cardio Cuts, waited about 45 minutes before popping the disc in.
Golly, it seemed like a breeze at first. It was about 5 minutes before I started feeling a bit of fatigue.
The squats seemed easier to do. I could go lower and do more reps with ample energy. The cardio wasn't killing me.

I seemed to have fuel for this workout. I was sweating like I never have. I dropped down to a plank and watched the drops fall off my nose and chin. It was an awesome thing, knowing that I was drenched after only fifteen minutes or so.

I had to start using the modifier when the plank progressions started. I can plank decently. I can pushup alright.... but I've never worked my arms or shoulders, so I burned out easily. I really struggled after a while.

What got to me was squatting as low as I could, and trying to jump and 180 and squat back down again facing the opposite direction. I can't seem to manage that. It's hard to jump straight up from a squat alone.
Then getting into plank position and doing a pushup while bringing one leg up?!? Impossible at this point! I tried and fell over on my face.

The last 10 minutes of the workout was entirely modified... but at least I made it through to the end. I just need to build up my muscles to properly execute these moves.

It's been about 20 minutes since the end of the cool down routine, and my heart rate is still up.
My shoulders are already sore. I'll be feeling this tomorrow for sure.

Awesome thing though...
I wasn't sore after yesterday's workout. I'm not sure if the Cardio Cuts had something to do with it, because of the recovery component, or if I'm finally adjusting to an intense routine.

Tomorrow, I'll try my workout without a supplement and see how I feel.

I love how I'm excited to rush home and sweat. It makes me happy. I'm finally doing something good for myself, instead of focusing on everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment